Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Nissan GT-R Themed Android Wear Watch Face

So I have been tinkering with Android coding for the last few weeks - finally a good use for the java that I learned 15 years ago and never used much. I received an "LG Watch R" last christmas and while the stock watch faces were nice, I thought I would create my own....I went for a GT-R carbon fiber theme with bright red tick marks inspired by the GT-R tail lights.
Then added in 2 useful pieces of information. Month, Day & Date and Battery %. Job Done.

In Ambient Mode, the second hand disappears and everything gets slighted toned to the darker side to save on battery. No extra options for now, maybe next version, if I get the time. The watch face can be downloaded from the Play Store here
                                                       Get it on Google Play
Black Straps on my LG Watch R.



Here are a some more detailed shots.
Black Strap with Watch in Ambient Mode.

Brown Strap with LG Watch R

Close Up of Brown Straps.